Wildlife in our gardens

This guy was eating stuff off the ground while my neighbor and I watched him from the porch. He knew we were there and seemed to be totally unconcerned…

2 Likes

All the little blackbirds and Robin’s down for the winter

8 Likes

Morty has been moving up in the world. The pet store snake girl has convinced my wife to get him a multi purpose cave, water dish and we got him some minnows. Last night he decided to have 2 servings of minnow tartar and now hes digesting. He choose to not eat any of the compost slugs or grubs and my wife said the snake store girl asked her if she would eat slugs :joy: however that is not to say that japanese beetle grubs will not be freakin delicious!

11 Likes

you guys are becoming good snake stewards. :wink: Mortys got it made!

3 Likes

Bee on milkweed seed, by Janet

16 Likes

These foxes are keeping the rodents in check!

28 Likes

They are beautiful!!!

1 Like

I can hand feed a couple of them , most come as close as eight feet.
They wait every morning patiently and in the evening.

My valuables are fenced in. These six, I called them my “Six Amigos”.
Sometimes there are 16 of them.I feed them and the birds for 3 months than they are on their own.
Our area is controlled by hunters, poachers, humans driven faster than our speed limit, 35 m/h.

5 Likes

you guys sure got allot of them down your way. me and my cousin went to missouri to hunt my other cousins 90 acres in lebanon. they didn’t hunt so the deer were pretty tame. after we bagged 1 of them though they smarted up pretty quick.

2 Likes

The local tomcat recently made a showing!

11 Likes

Just saw this hawk with a pigeon in its Talons. It had to stop to rest it was a big bird!

7 Likes

Maybe I should charge rent now!

35 Likes

I’m jealous!

5 Likes

They are gorgeous! Are they silver foxes?

2 Likes

love their color. we only have red fox here.

I can’t tell what kind of bee this is. It has a stripped abdomen that looks a little too pointy for a honey bee. It was skittish and flew away before I could get close enough to see it clearly without glasses.

4 Likes

2 Likes

That looks like a italian honeybee to me, love the crocuses!

2 Likes

Thanks. I thought it was way too early to see honey bees, but we have had a decent stretch of dry weather.

2 Likes

Awe, how cute, how gorgeous. I like fox. They eat lots of rodents! They might be mates and you might get some cute kits.

3 Likes