Buds , Flowers and Fruits 2022 Edition!

Honey jar jujube

Shanxi

Charentais Melon

This could be Ambrosia

8 Likes

Bud 9 apples rootstock setting fruits. I was not able to graft on it so this thing keep growing. I will taste it and graft on it next year.

12 Likes

Tifblue blueberries… Mmmmm good.

7 Likes

its strawberry harvesting season in WA state yum!

13 Likes

yup! here too. been picking galleta and mara des bois. ate a quart for breakfast this am.

2 Likes

I grow fruits/nuts/berries, my wife grows flowers. Lots of gorgeous flowers… These two caught my eye this morning:

Mexican Hat or Prairie Coneflower (Ratibida columnifera)

Mexican Daylily or Mexican Tiger Flower (Tigridia pavonia)

12 Likes

GA-866, I just planted this last year after tasting some of this jujube at the local farmers market, can’t wait to taste it

Brown fig, this one is in container

Violette des Bordeaux, pretty small fig

Panache Tiger fig, in a container

Peter’s Honey, in the ground, it’s huge

Blueberry, not sure what variety

Long An Tree, the common variety

Zucchini, my first one this season

Melon, new variety, I have to look up the variety

Artichoke

Satsuma

9 Likes

Where do the strawberries in the first picture origninate. Is deformity part of its character?

i bought local nursery yes typical of this variety makes it unique!

1 Like

Most of the peaches flowers was damaged by late frost but few survived ! I am not thinning this year because not many left.

11 Likes

My berry bowl was not hardly big enough this evening… tifblue blueberry putting out lots of nice berries. Supersweet 100 cherry tomatoes in background… very nice cherry.

Ok it’s officially summer now… first picking of jambalaya okra… Mmmm… love that stuff.

9 Likes

Definitely officially summer! I picked my first tomatoes today.

3 Likes

Tiffblue looks so much like my Sweetcrisp - spherical and crunchy

Your peaches look really good. Mine seemed to have been bitten by bugs early on this season, unfortunately. I am sure whatever peaches I do get will still taste better than store bought.

1 Like

My second corn patch, this bed looks really pretty with the tall corn plants.

5 Likes

What variety is it?

1 Like

Harken and Poly white peach. Harken is my most reliable peach for last four years.

1 Like

My apricot trees are finally producing and I am disappointed :cry: Both Cot-N-Candy and Lossé Blenheim set decent number of fruits but most suffered pit burn! yes in San Jose (and I am closer to the bay than most of the city)!! Moorpark on the other hand, produced one unblemished fruit. The newly planted tree had canker last year which I cut out. It grew slowly and produced decent blooms this year, but most of them didn’t set fruit - likely due to young age. I had two size up and today I only found one on the tree.

The flavor is exquisite. I wish I gave myself the time to measure the brix before finishing it. I really like Blenheim (when grown in right conditions) but Moorpark has additional bursts of flavor and aroma. One of the best I have tasted so far. That begs the question - @fruitnut, why aren’t you growing this one? :wink:

10 Likes

Sunflower pawpaws

7 Likes

Maybe I’ll try that one going forward. They are very dependent on growing conditions. I may not be able to match your results.

1 Like