Mature viewers only -- explicit Jujube videos/photos

btw, i googled jujube gourd, and was wondering if you might be pertaining to other possible jujube species for woodworking?

From my experience, jujube wood can was widely used to make fittings and parts of music instruments. I guess it’s similar to hardwood, that’s why you’ll need a decent tile saw similar to this if you want to work with. Also, I heard it may be called a boxwood.

3 Likes

boxwood is harder and denser, if remember it right. But yes, juju wood is a true hardwood.

And again, yes, juju wood was used by stradivari for tuning pegs. Asian persimmon(ebony) is the only other common fruit species i could think of that produces harder wood.

2 Likes

I did not realize Asian persimmon is ebony, now i had to google what purple heart was making sure it was not a fruit tree also!

1 Like

there are many persimmon species that can be called ebony, it just so happens that the italian luthiers got their hands on asian persimmon trees, which probably got trafficked along with jujube trees during the silk trade. . African persimmon is also true ebony wood. American persimmon also produces hard wood, but the wood is not dark enough

5 Likes

Maybe… this is the Sweet Tart sucker that didn’t grow much last year.

Edit update O5/29/20

4 Likes

It’s still alive! I bet it was beefing up its root system last year.

2 Likes

I may have asked you this before, but where did you get your landscape fabric?

1 Like

That is from Greenhouse Megastore. It’s their own brand and fairly cheap with free shipping. I got 3000 sq ft for $299 and I just have a few more feet left to use. I have had seeds come up on top of it and send roots down through it and I have had a few ants bring their dirt up through it. Otherwise I’m happy with it.

1 Like

It’s looking good. I gave it a little dose of 6-10-10 in a time release hoping to help the roots a bit more.

4 Likes

my sweet tart is just rousing from its protracted sleep(had an unusually long winter here–again). i hope it develops a big fat upright soon just like @k8tpayaso 's

will post a photo when get the chance.

3 Likes

@castanea 's sweet tart showing some green(pardon the weeds…)

5 Likes

vegas sweetie scionwood i poached from a ~2 foot tall seedling. Grafted on sugarcane and showing some signs of green on the sole bud, i hope it bears some fruits this year.

and below is vegas glitzy leafing out. Grafted to li

6 Likes

How useful is it to use aluminum foil? Two days ago I grafted those scions you sent to me, with a lot of effort. I would like it to get at least one successful of each variety. If the foil will help me then I will put it on. It will be slightly higher temperatures in the coming period. The foil should prevent the joint from heating up and drying the graft union :thinking:

1 Like

Strong work of grafting Raf! Good luck. Update us with the taste later.

1 Like

Hi @lilke, foil shields the graft junction from uv, and also helps ward off birds from perching. I dont usually do this for mass grafting, but will for scions i want to optimize success. The source of those grafts being mere seedlings so not much scion material to work with.

Will keep updating here @tonyOmahaz5 . Hoping the fruits get bigger on trees instead of being potted as a seedling

4 Likes

click here for the ultra-basic guitar cover of the main youtube video.

noticed it is quite popular among ladies 22 to 42

1 Like

Whatever makes the trees grow!

1 Like

you’ve got to sing them lullaby’s and whisper sweet nothings. If that don’t make them produce bumper crops nothing will!

5 Likes

first time have seen sihong dried dates being sold here in vegas(imported from china). The most expensive jujube product have seen, weight for weight, even if figuring in the walnut stuffing.

7 Likes

They probably tasted great for that price!

4 Likes