What did you eat today - that you grew?

just ate my 1st tree ripened Minneola off my dwarf tree. i have 2 more ripening and about 20 little green ones growing out for next winters harvest. flavor was excellent.

3 Likes

More tatsoi today, I still have enough for another lunch after after that Iā€™m done. Frankly Iā€™m starting to get sick of this vegetable, lol.

7 Likes

Coleslaw from home grown napa cabbage and carrots. Iā€™ve kept the cabbage in a plastic bag in the fridge since about end of November. Iā€™m surprised how well it kept. The carrots are still coming out of the ground!

Gold Rush apples. They donā€™t seem to go bad!

8 Likes

Green onions today. Iā€™m making garbanzo salad with them.

6 Likes

I picked more lemons today, going to give these to my daughter.

8 Likes

Collard greens

Green onions

6 Likes

Loving the jam I made this summer from Bavay plums. Itā€™s a notch below my apricot jam (especially, the batch made from Anya seedling varieties) but still quite outstanding.

5 Likes

Last batch of tatsoi, even my picky eating daughter likes this veg, but this is it for this bed, Iā€™m pulling out everything. I donā€™t have much luck with growing cabbages either, they are not tight.

6 Likes

I pulled a pint of blackberries out of the freezer this morning (already cleaned out all the raspberries) still have some frozen raspberry and blackberry jam in the freezerā€¦ going to open one of those this weekend.

Got some fresh leaf lettuce startsā€¦ babying them thru this cold spellā€¦ finally a sunny day here.

5 Likes

Ice gone. No green leaves currently to harvest here. Maybe some mustard or chicory or dandelions before too longā€¦ I enjoy fresh ā€˜greensā€™.

2 Likes

Oh yeahā€¦ red raspberry chia (low sugar) jam with breakfast this Saturday morning.

Mmmmmm good !

12 Likes

Pumpkin cubes from Musquee de Provence pumpkin. Iā€™m making my last turkey today, so itā€™s going to be mashed with sweet potato/yam. I really donā€™t know what else to do with it, not good enough to make pie.

1 Like

Meyer lemons from our little greenhouse tree. I plan to paint them and then make lemonade. Lotsa yellow!

IMG_8654

LemonGroup2.jpg

MEYERS-4onpedestal

19 Likes

@SoCalGardenNut
I canā€™t believe you have such a similar photo to ones Iā€™ve been taking! - Even the plate is so like the one I chose! I didnā€™t shoot my lemons on it . . . but I did shoot my pomegranates.
I went to HomeGoods, in search of beaded white plates . . . and found these! I like painting ā€˜whiteā€™. :grin:
Had to share.

POMS-SQ beaded plate

HORIZ 3 Poms on White - raw linen

SQ 2Poms on White Plate

17 Likes

Amazing fruit. Great job growing them.

3 Likes

@PomGranny, you and I are both artists, I like white plates better because they show up my fruits better.
What variety is your Pom, I just planted Wonderful yesterday.

5 Likes

@SoCalGardenNut , The red ones are Granadas, in the photos. The pale ones are Wonderfulā€™s that never ā€˜colored upā€™. I still canā€™t believe we have the same plates! LOL

3 Likes

Batavian escarole, I just broadcast my seeds and some came up. Itā€™s a bit small but I need some salad for my husband because I have nothing in the fridge.

Before cutting

After cutting

7 Likes

I like to get my tea boiling again and then put a teaspoon of gold sift hash powder in there. Seems to really help with the sniffles on a cold dreary day.
No sugar added.

3 Likes

Growingfruit is the only forum I signed on to. I always respect other peopleā€™s opinion even when I disagree.
However, when medical substance is treated as fruits or vegetables itā€™s time for me to say goodbye.
Thank you Scott for all the good work you have done, and all the kind members who have helped me all these years.

4 Likes