What did you eat today - that you grew?

Breakfast was hard boiled eggs with a splash of vinegar and nutritional yeast and some turnips that I grew and fermented.

6 Likes

@FarmGirl-Z6A, your post reminds me to harvest my French tarragon. They are nice to add to salad.

2 Likes

Lunch was all my doing: collard greens picked this am mixed with sweet potatoes harvested last fall. Alfalfa sprouts and fermented turnips. Let’s hear it for a self-sufficient nutritious lunch, lol! :grin:

10 Likes

@FarmGirl-Z6A — love it when I can put every thing on the plate.

Congrats.

PS… I would need a rib eye to go with that.

3 Likes

@FarmGirl-Z6A, your post reminds me to sprout some of my broccoli seeds, I bought them for sprouting purpose only.

@TNHunter, I had tri-tip yesterday with all my garden vegetables, so delicious that my daughter went back for seconds.

2 Likes

been eating my fermented Korean radish. its delicious!

3 Likes

Eating some upland cress I planted last year.
Plus fish I didn’t raise.

2 Likes

So many good salads… got rained out or would have harvested more.

7 Likes

I’m thinning my leeks and picked one carrot for lunch.

Leek - potato, leek, ham casserole
Carrot - cole slaw with cabbage

5 Likes

White pine tea, made with needles from a cheeky sprout trying to invade my flower bed.

It smelled like Christmas tree, but the flavor was more subtle. Apparently it has a lot of antioxidants.

8 Likes

Rutabaga fries are delicious too!

1 Like

how many native Americans kept scurvy at bay in winter. most conifer needles have high vitamin c. JesseS has alot of experience with the different conifer teas.

7 Likes

makes a sweet kimchi also.

1 Like

It is good to know, I have never had rutabaga fries. Next time if I see any restaurant has it, I will order some to try it out

2 Likes

Kale and beet root salad from my garden, so good and healthy, even my daughter liked it.

10 Likes

very delicate . . . beautiful.

What variety of kale is that? It looks more like a type of lettuce.

I really don’t know, I just threw a bunch of seeds down. This recipe I massaged the kale with olive oil.

Collard greens and leeks, I think the leeks are sending scapes. My daughter actually likes collard greens from my garden, music to my ears, lol.

6 Likes

early greens salad. dandelion, orach, baby chicory, nasturtium leaves, rocket, kale, green onion. with a little oil and vinegar.

8 Likes