Nurseries list

That seems to be a frequent and more widespread problem. Nourse and Johnny’s catalogs came a couple days ago, but when I told my wife that they had arrived, she said she had placed her orders weeks ago, knowing that if she waited for the catalogs it would be too late for some of the plants and seeds she most wanted.

4 Likes

I have ordered from ACN three or four times, each was a 5 tree order. Their customer service was always great and never made me feel like a small customer who is not worth their time or care. One time a tree that I received was girdled, and they replaced it promptly free of charge, upon emailing them a photo of the tree.

I was with them on the phone this Friday and they told me that they lost 20% of their peach crop this year because of crown gall, and that’s partly why they are out of stock that early. They also told me that customers frequently put orders with them two years in advance, so they are currently open to receive 2022 orders!

7 Likes

Got my seeds/hard goods ordered from Jung’s last weekend online…arrived Saturday.
With plants to ship in March. Not out of anything I was looking for.

1 Like

I haven’t ordered trees in years. I know from reading on here that they’ve been getting hit, had no idea it was this bad. Even Raintree is out of their 4 in 1 trees (mine died last spring so i thought about replacing).

I wonder if local hardware stores will have much this spring.

I’ve never had issues with AC (i’ve ordered several times), but i was surprised at how picked over their site was. My fault for not looking earlier. Only thing i was interested in (and i didn’t know it until i looked at their catalog) was Flavor King—which is off patent, yet no one seems to sell it…come on Gurneys!

I ordered my seeds before Christmas. Baker Creek. Everything i needed was in stock at that time.

3 Likes

This year I have placed orders with Fruitwood nursery (apple, jujube, gooseberry and many others) , 39th parallel (apples), Nourse (strawberries), Edible Landscaping (gooseberries), Burnt Ridge (Mulberry, serviceberry, many others), Floramaxx (honeyberries), and last but certainly not least England’s (pawpaw, persimmon, jujube). I ordered early but I imagine many of them still have stock available. Also for anyone looking for pawpaws, Peaceful Heritage will have more stock this spring. Good luck all!

2 Likes

There’s also
JL Hudson Seedsman
LaHonda, California
They sometimes have seeds
of exotic fruits. :mango:

2 Likes

Lots of places are already out of a lot of their nursery stock. Good for them, sort of bad for us.

7 Likes

I am tiny
not really a business
but
I have a few grapes and figs.
Also
a few blackberry and ribes.

3 Likes

Is https://www.buyshrubsandtrees.com/ a legit nursery?

1275 likes on facebook
4.9* 42 review on google

Their prices are SO much lower than everyone else. Perhaps they just sell seedlings?

1 Like

This is a reference section.

Please post your question in the General Fruit Growing category. You will get more responses there.

When it is too good to be true, it usually is.

4 Likes

Season is over for my plants
unless you are local
Port Orchard

1 Like

Very unusual plants e.g. golden Che https://www.wanderlustnursery.com

4 Likes

Sadly I lost mine from neglect
Oh Che what have I done - General Fruit Growing - Growing Fruit

2 Likes

Native seeds of Arizona used to have Watermelons brought over from Africa
very interesting looking, but I do not see them listed any more – still has some old melons

( & facebook) Redirecting...

Native Seeds/SEARCH (NS/S) is a nonprofit seed conservation organization based in Tucson, Arizona. Our mission is to conserve and promote the arid-adapted crop diversity of the Southwest in support of sustainable farming and food security. Native Seeds/SEARCH seeks to find, protect and preserve the seeds of the people of the Greater Southwest so that these arid adapted crops may benefit all peoples and nourish a changing world.

Saw this the other day
Unusual tomatoes (and plants in that Family )

(about those south America Root crops not a Nursery but resource to read up on them)
https://hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/1492/tubers.html#Solanum

2 Likes

Since the season is ending in most of the US, and people are starting to think about their future new plantings, I’d like to recommend Countryside Farm and Nurseries. I bought a couple of apple trees (on M7) from them this spring and their customer service was excellent (except for being a little bit late to respond at times, which is understandable being a husband and wife business). Their price was $12/tree, which is unbelievable given how many nurseries have lately been jacking up their prices, they shipped me the trees before I even pay them, and the trees arrived in excellent shape, already pruned knee-high. Needless to say, the trees grew very well during the season. They were originally recommended to me by a friend who owns a big commercial orchard in Pennsylvania.

8 Likes

The website makes it obvious they prefer to cater to small commercial orchards rather than someone desiring one tree.

1 Like

Bummer. I am a one man farmer not a commercial orchard owner.

1 Like

Never know until you try…though.

4 Likes

Exactly… that’s how I wanted to respond to your comment. The greatest majority of nurseries cater to big commercial orchards, and rightfully so, as that’s where they are going to make the most profit. However, some will make the small customer feel like he/she is not worth their time, and others will give you very good or excellent customer experience.

5 Likes

You have to ask. You never know what their answer will be.

4 Likes